- This event has passed.
Effective Employer Engagement: Research Findings and Tools Launch Event
February 14 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EST
Join the Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council (TRIEC) and the Social Research and Demonstration Corporation (SRDC) on Tuesday, February 14th to discuss effective practices and resources for strengthening partnerships and actions between newcomer-serving SPOs and employers across Canada. The virtual event will be informed by findings from our “Effective Employer Engagement in Newcomer Skills Development Programs” research project, which is part of the Service Delivery Improvements projects funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
At the end of this event:
· Employers will have a better understanding of how to attract and retain talent through the use of SPOs; and
· SPOs will be better equipped to engage with employers.
The following research team members will present an overview of findings and resources developed by the research project:
· Celia Huang, Project Manager, Employer Engagement Research, TRIEC
· Kim Lehrer, Senior Research Associate, SRDC
· Sugi Vasavithasan, Research and Evaluation Manager, TRIEC
· Ifra Zahid, Research Specialist, TRIEC
We will also hear from panelists about their reflections on the research findings, drawing from their own experiences and insights on employer engagement.
· Iman Annab, Senior Manager, Employer and Stakeholder Relations, TRIEC (Moderator)
· Denisse Alejo, Senior Vice President Programs Partnerships, NPower Canada
· Lorena Costa, Manager, Employer Engagement, Hire Immigrants Ottawa
· Alyaa Elhebeishy, Manager, Employer Relations and Business Development, MOSAIC
· Clifford Hennig-Pereira, Senior Manager, Inclusive Recruitment, RBC