Through a suite of recruitment, hiring, training and retention services, WILL Immploy can help your business:
– Become immigrant & newcomer ready
– Connect to diverse new pools of talent
– Fill your labour shortages
– Enhance your workplace culture
– Diversify your workplace
– Increase your social impact
By attending one of our information sessions, participants will have the opportunity to learn about our programs and receive lightning round consulting on their most pressing challenges.
– Kayley MacGregor, Employer Advisor, Employer Engagement Project
– Daniella Quinones, Project Coordinator, Newcomer Talent Retention Network
– Carly MacArthur, Team Lead, Mentorship
– Sandra Astaiza, Sales and Marketing Advisor
Register here to receive a Zoom link via email prior to the session.
Despite a greater emphasis and understanding of the importance of diversity in the workplace, and the impact newcomers can have on any workplace, many employers are encountering challenges with hiring and retaining this talent.
In this event, the expert consultants from the Newcomer Talent Retention Network will introduce you to the concept of being ‘Newcomer ready’ and how you can achieve it. This will be an interactive event where you will have an opportunity to discuss challenges faced by your organization in retaining newcomer and get on-spot expert advice by our consultants. You can sign up to talk with our consultants at a first come, first served basis at the event location.
The ultimate goal of this event is to identify your retention needs and create a plan of action that you could take to your organization and continue to work on with our support. The retention areas in focus are listed below:
1. Inclusive Onboarding Strategies – WILL Immploy
2. Intercultural communication – Fanshawe Corporate Solutions
3. Addressing unconscious bias, racism and/or discrimination in the workplace – Pillar Nonprofit Network
4. Immigration and Work Eligibility – Borders Immigration
5. Human resources – LadderHR Solutions
6. City settlement and connecting with the community – CityMatch Inc.
We are excited to see you at the event. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
12:00 – 12:45pm – Lunch
12:45 – 1:00pm – Introductions & the Newcomer Ready concept
1:00 – 1:45pm – Panel Discussion with Dharshi Lacey (Pillar), Jodi Smith (City Match) & Kim Ly (Borders Immigration)
1:45 – 2:00pm – Q&A
2:00 – 2:15pm – Break & sign-ups for on-site consulting
2:15 – 3:00pm – Creating your action plan
3:00 – 3:50pm – Networking & meetings with consultants
3:50 – 4:00pm – Closing Remarks
This event is brought to you by WILL Immploy – A project of WILL Employment Solutions and funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Join employers from across the SWO region to discuss best practices and challenges of recruiting and retaining newcomer & immigrant talent.